Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday's Quote: Fantasy Football

Photo from TwinCitiesDailyPhoto.com
Upwards of 20 million men (and women in some cases) gather around this time every August to grind over the available options for their respective fantasy football team.  And yes, The Eccentric Conservative is no exception.

Just a couple of hours ago I drafted (left, not an actual shot from my draft night) perhaps the most dominating team in fantasy football history.  Of course I say that every year, and I haven't won a championship since 2002 -- although my franchise has made three trips to the title game.  But this season will be different.

Yes, I can feel it.  Back off and bow down, boy.  May as well engrave my name on the Hipner Trophy now.  Victory will be mine.  All mine, damn it!

"Nobody in football should be called a genius.  A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-- Joe Theismann, former National Football League MVP and Super Bowl-winning quarterback for the Washington Redskins ('74-'85)

No comments: