Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday’s Quote: Country and the Soul brother


c/o Lionel Richie
R&B crooner Lionel Richie has sold somewhere north of 35 million units, both as a solo artist and as a member of The Commodores. Last month he released Tuskegee. Named as homage to his Alabama hometown, the album features remakes of his past hits in tandem with some of the biggest names in Country music. He recently explained why.

========================================

“I don’t write records for [Los Angeles] and New York. I write for between them. That’s where it is. Especially when you listen to those country songs. All of a sudden the guy on the radio says, ‘The number-one record this week is I Love My Truck.’ I’m sitting there telling myself, I’m thinking too deep. ‘Me and my red pickup…’ God, man. Just want to drink some beer. I love it. That’s real.”
~ Lionel Richie, from Esquire’s April 2012 edition, p. 115

1 comment:

Chris said...

Everyones jumping on the country bandwagon in one way or another.