Wednesday, June 29, 2011

From My Own Camera: One early morning

I arrived home from work around 6:30 a.m. last November 13 (a Saturday).  An early morning similar to the other 1,000+ I've experienced since I began working nights in mid-2005, it wasn't until I glanced through the kitchen window of where I was living at the time that I noticed the sky's overcast shade of blue had become engulfed by an aloft wave of rose-colored clouds.

The grass, mostly withered at this point of autumn, became illuminated from the distinctive luster of the clouds, causing the lawn to resemble a radiant field of wheat.  Like something from a Tim Burton movie, a vibrant rainbow likewise emerged, only to fade almost as soon as it appeared.  My surroundings went back to normal just moments later.

The pictures I took from that brief moment, less than 10 minutes altogether as I recall, barely do justice to what I observed.  But they're worth sharing nonetheless.

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

No comments: