While SEC commissioner Mike Slive recently stated that his conference is not looking to expand beyond adding Texas A&M next season, Orange Bloods is reporting that two more Big XII schools – Oklahoma and Oklahoma State – will apply for membership to the Pac-12 within the next several weeks. We may as well embrace it now because the dominos are definitely falling in favor of a mega-conference structure that's all but certain to take shape within the next several years.
There were no surprises last weekend, so the top 10 remains the same. That will change next week, as the top-ranked Sooners visit Tallahassee this weekend for a showdown with the rejuvenated sixth-ranked Seminoles. That one has the makings of a classic.
1. Oklahoma (Bye), 1-0, 665 pts.
2. Alabama (def. Penn State, 27-11), 2-0, 640 pts.
3. Boise State (Bye), 1-0, 610 pts.
4. Louisiana State (def. Northwestern State, 49-3), 2-0, 555 pts.
5. Stanford (def. Duke, 44-14), 2-0, 530 pts.
6. Florida State (def. Charleston Southern, 62-10), 2-0, 475 pts.
7. Texas A&M (Bye), 1-0, 450 pts.
8. Wisconsin (def. Oregon State, 35-0), 2-0, 380 pts.
9. Oklahoma State (def. Arizona, 37-14), 2-0, 360 pts.
10. Nebraska (def. Fresno State, 42-29), 2-0, 335 pts.
|Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images|