Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Guilty Pleasures: TMZ & White people

Maybe it's the wacky announcer or the office dynamic among your colleagues, or perhaps you're just a likable guy.  But either way, your hour-long weekend show grabs my attention in a manner that causes me to halfway care about things (celebrities) over which I wouldn't otherwise give a crap.  And that, my friend, is a gift.

"When a white person offers you wine, you take a small sip and say 'Ooh, that's nice.  What country is it from?'  Then they will say the name of the country and you say, 'I love wines from that country, I would love to get a villa in the wine region there.'  White people will nod in agreement as they all want to have a second home in a wine region like Napa, Tuscany or Santa Barbara."

Profound, funny, and very true.

No comments: