|(click to enlarge)|
A classic from the pre-digital camera era taken way past closing time --
Originally named Beale Avenue in 1841, this nearly two-mile stretch of downtown Memphis digressed into a dilapidated state by the 1970s, prompting some to call for the area to be flattened. By the 1990s, however, city developers revitalized the district, turning this historic area into a tourist attraction and a point of civic pride that features Silky O'Sullivan's, New Daisy Theater, B.B. King's Blues Club, Hard Rock Cafe', Coyote Ugly, Rum Boogie Cafe', and the W.C. Handy ("Father of the Blues") House and Museum.