Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Iconic Shot: The U.S. & Russia, then and now

(click to enlarge)
President Ronald Reagan traveled to Moscow for his fourth summit meeting with Mikhail Gorbachev (far right) 22 years ago this month.  The man with the camera around his neck is the current Russian Prime Minister, and "former" President, Vladimir Putin.  At the time, Russia's new Bolshevik (descended from Lenin and Trotsky, via Stalin) was a KGB agent posing as a tourist.

Note: See comments portion for info on original source.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Wow where did you find this treasure

AMW said...

I collected a lot of pictures when I decided to add "Iconic Shots" into the mix. I kept the sources for most, giving credit whenever possible, but I've evidently misplaced the identity of the originator for this particular shot. I think it came from Reuters, but I'm not certain.